Monday, August 5, 2013

Cauliflower - It's What's For Dinner


If you had told 12 year old me I'd be craving what is in this photo, I would have laughed my roller skates clean off!  But that is just what happened today, and nothing else would do.  Nothing fancy or complicated, for sure.  But it is my own made up combo, and I thought you might like to try it.

1 head fresh cauliflower, cut into size you like.
1 lb. fresh brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed and cut in quarters if large ones, half for smaller ones.

Place prepared veggies on a single baking sheet.  Today I used about 1/4 cup of avocado oil, but olive oil is great too.  Pour it right on there, shimmy the baking sheet to distribute and add sea salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper and CURRY.  Omg curry is the magic ingredient.  The house smells divine!

Roast in preheated 400 degree oven for a good 15 - 20 mts.  Serve on top of whole wheat pasta, which gives it protein, for a complete meal!  Oh, sometimes I add a bit of feta or parmesan cheese if I'm feeling crazy like that. 

Enjoy!

jean

No comments:

Post a Comment