Thursday, June 27, 2013

Who Doesn't Love a Quickie?

I was more than a bit skeptical when I heard that cookies could be made from two ingredients.  But I can tell you for certain, now that I've made them several times, they work!  Without flour, sugar, and eggs, they are low cal, vegan, and last forever in a container. 

Overripe bananas + Rolled oats = Crazy Delicious!

There is no exact measurement, but figure about 1/2 cup of oats to each banana.  The "dough" should be a bit on the moister side.  Too many oats and it won't stick together very well.

I like to make them on the large side.  Think pregnant golfball.  Bake for a good 10 minutes, maybe more, at 350 degrees. 

Note:  You can fancy them up by adding one or more of the following to the top before baking.
-A half walnut or pecan
-Sea salt
-Decorative sugar

Enjoy!

jean

No comments:

Post a Comment